IN THE 1960S
There was plenty of spirited, Don Draper deal-swinging in “the back room”.
Make magic. Make memories. Make deals.
For generations, people have met for meaningful meals and moments in the booths and rooms of Murray’s Steakhouse. Whether it was an anniversary fete for 20 or a fundraising feast for 50, we are proud to have hosted countless memorable convenings.
Your event andMurray's private rooms:
A perfect match!
Meet the meating spaces.
Surrounded by quintessential Murray’s mirrors and curtains, the Front Room has its own entrance off the main dining room and can seat up to 20 with complete privacy. The room features a vintage, original painting procured by Art and Marie, ourfounders, during one of their many Mardi Gras getaways to New Orleans, plus a custom-made chandelier that once hung in the main dining room.
We provide the exemplary food, service and ambiance. As for décor, details and guest list, that’s up to you—but we’re always there to assist!
Right next door, the Back Room also houses Murray’s legendary mirrors, curtains, and chandelier lighting—and another original painting purchased in 1952 in New Orleans by Art and Marie Murray. A private door ensures privacy for up to 26 seated guests, with myriad menu, décor, and A/V options available.
Our largest room is actually a combination of the other two … thanks to slide-away walls that double the space and capacity and allow you to comfortably serve up to 50 seated guests. The Combined Room provides a perfect setting (and steak!) for your special social, corporate or wedding event.
>>> "Spectacular!!! This was an occasion to be remembered."
– Nancy L. via Yelp
Private Dining at a Glance
- Make your special event even more special with Murray’s legendary ambiance, service and cuisine.
- Celebrate family milestones … commemorate corporate accomplishments … host the wedding partiers.
- Entertain up to 20 seated guests in the Front Room, 26 in the Back Room, or combine both spaces for a larger group of up to 50.
- Order a la carte from Murray’s classic menus, keep it simple with a set plan, or create a customized culinary feast with our chef.
- Ideal for professional luncheons, with flexible seating for speeches and presentations.
- Bring your own A/V gear, or let Murray’s and their trusted vendors set you up.
- Personalize your space with flowers, candles and more—or relish that classic Murray’s style.
- Want a taste of the space? Join us for one of our themed wine dinners, held quarterly in our private dining rooms.
Your event, perfectly done.
We’d be delighted to show you our private dining rooms, discuss your ideas and details, and answer all your questions. Please call 612.339.0909 and ask for our Special Events Coordinator, or email email@example.com.